Goodbye 2nd trimester, hello 3rd trimester.

on Sunday, November 9, 2008

  • The baby measures 14 inches long and weighs over 1.7 pound.
  • Baby measures 35.5cm long and weighs over 760 grams.
  • The feet are 2 inches (5cm) long. Hands are very active.
  • The baby's eyes begin to open around this time.
The fetus makes breathing movements, but there is no air in the lungs yet. Hands are active and muscle coordination is such that they can get a thumb into the mouth. Thumb sucking calms the baby and strengthens the cheek and jaw muscles.

The fetal brain scan will show response to touch. Touching and playing with the baby is possible now, as they may respond to your touch through your belly wall. Brain growth continues with brain wave activity for the visual and auditory systems starting to develop. Baby is probably very active in the womb, as the most active weeks are typically between weeks 24 and 28.

You may begin feeling your belly tighten and relax at odd moments or irregular intervals. These are Braxton Hicks contractions They are painless and help the uterus prepare for the birth. Many babies have developed a predictable routine for sleep and active periods.Twins may have entirely different routines from each other.

Hm...by the way...my little boy dah sucked his thumb at week 19 and I've been experiencing the Braxton Hicks since week 22. Apekah anak mommy ini cepat matang? uuuuuuuuu. hahhahahha. So proud because I managed to go through both 1st and 2nd trimesters although I did have a few problems but it's ok.... I'm proud of myself! At least I managed to ignore all the pains at the injured areas and went through the days without Mr. Hubby by my side. Not that easy you know? Until today, I have to say to myself that although Mr. Hubby is not around, I have his junior inside and that makes me happy.

Facts about my 2nd trimester:

1) morning sickness...still!
2) back ache
3) Braxton Hicks
4) frequent urination
5) had to do the exercises on my own at home (couldn't go the rehab center because of this morning sickness problem).
6) mama being so sweet....put a flask of hot water, powdered milk, biscuits, warm water every night near the bed so that I don't have to go to the kitchen to get a drink or anything.
7) 'sun-bathing' except no bikini hahhahahha. Abah asked me to go outside and berjemur amek udara konon2 segar since org tua2 kate jemur dr skang boleh prevent jaundice...amiin...
8) swollen feet
9) no strecth-marks..yayyyy!
10) 1 cm each week...hahahhaha...love my belly! baru 3 weeks jek pon.... it's ok adiyanti..... more weeks to come....yayyyy!

-ADIE-

0 comments: